- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Baby Gifts
- Bible Study & Small Group
- Bulk Discounts on Books & Bibles
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Dove Awards Winners
- Father's Day
- First Communion & Confirmation
- Gifts for Her
- Gifts for Him
- Graduation Day
- Greeting Cards
- LifeWay Resources
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- Resources for Love & Hope
- Wedding & Marriage
Read A Sample
Cast Out Demons and Slay Your Giants: Disarm and Defeat the Demonic Powers That Hinder Your Breakthrough
by Işik Abla
Learn More | Meet Işik Abla
My Personal Testimony of Self-Deliverance
Today in the Body of Christ, most of God’s people ignore the existence and influence of demonic powers. This is exactly what the devil wants, and it is also not scriptural. Because of ignorance, lack of biblical education, and fear of the subject, many people live with demonic bondages most of their lives.
Talking and studying about the devil is almost a taboo subject in the church, yet it was one of the main ministries of our Lord Jesus during His earthly ministry and was part of the ministry of His disciples. We, as the church, have swept it under the carpet and pretended as though the demonic realm doesn’t exist. It is backfiring on us.
I tend to agree that we shouldn’t give the enemy a center place in our churches or too much attention, which he is always seeking. However, church leaders and ministers have failed to address the subject at all and to help people become free. In large part, the subject has been hushed and has not been addressed biblically by church leaders.
Jesus said, “Follow Me.” We as the church haven’t been following His example, and every day many captives are walking into our churches in chains, craving the joy, peace, and freedom in Christ. People want their life back and don’t know how to get it.
I came to a point of desperation and decided to perform a self-deliverance in my own life because I had no one around to do it. I saw such fear in the ministers and counselors when I spoke about deliverance. I was convinced that if I wanted complete freedom in Christ, it had to happen between Him and me. I had no doubt that He would set me free, because He came to set the captives free. I took Him at His Word.
Coming from Islam, worshiping a false god, mentored by an Islamic scholar great-grandmother (who also operated as a witch doctor), having been molested, abused, and beaten up, and having participated in witchcraft myself, I knew I needed deliverance. I was desperate. I knew that some things were not right, and had to get to the bottom of it.
I got prepared by reading Scriptures and the steps I will be sharing with you later. After spending a good amount of time studying the Word about how Jesus handled the subject and reading many testimonies of deliverance, I went on my knees before my Lord, my Savior and Deliverer, and cast out 48 demons from myself in one night. I was completely and utterly free. I could not put into words the joy and peace that entered my life. During the following months and years, I learned to do self-deliverance whenever I felt it was needed. My freedom in Christ brought freedom in the lives of many, including my husband and friends. I cannot describe the joy I have when people come to tell me how radical a change they’ve experienced in their lives after following the steps I am sharing in this little book. You can be free today. You can be free and happy. All you need to do is to be desperate enough to take your life back from the enemy, in Jesus’ Name.
- A house divided within itself cannot stand.
- Unity with Jesus Christ is your physical, spiritual, and emotional immunity.
- Unity is your marriage’s immunity.
- Unity is your church’s immunity.
- Where there is strife and division, there is pride (see Prov. 13:10).
A First Look at Deliverance Ministry
I am going to kill someone!” a lady screamed at one of my conferences. She threw herself at the altar and started talking with a man’s voice. We took her to the prayer room to do deliverance. It was hard to find even a handful of people to pray with me. After a while, with a few people in attendance with me, I started praying deliverance over her and commanding evil spirits to leave. There was no result. I kept pressing on and there was nothing. Deliverance shouldn’t be difficult. If the person is desperate, honest, and wanting Christ’s freedom, deliverance is easy, because it is God’s will for people to live in freedom, not under the bondage of demons.
When I feel like I am going nowhere in a deliverance session, I usually stop and pray this prayer: “Dear Lord Jesus, please reveal to me through your Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth, what is preventing this person’s freedom. Reveal and remove any hindrances—in Your Name, Jesus, I pray. Amen.” I wait quietly after I pray this prayer to hear from the Lord. It usually doesn’t take long for God to answer. Sometimes if the answer doesn’t come, I bind any interference of the enemy and release the Holy Spirit’s truth. And I always receive an answer. God is faithful.
In this situation, when I couldn’t get any results, I stopped and sought the Holy Spirit’s guidance, and this is what I heard Him say: “This woman was offered as a sexual sacrifice by her uncle, who was a Satanist, when she was three years old. She was molested by many people there at a Satanic ritual. She was forced to drink human blood. She remembers it. But this is not the reason she is not being delivered. She believes in the lie that there is no hope for her. She believes that the drinking of human blood and having been part of a Satanist meeting disqualifies her from salvation and freedom in Christ. You need to cast out the demons of lies and deception from her first.”
When I told her what the Holy Spirit told me about her drinking human blood and being offered as a sexual sacrifice, she went into violent convulsions. The devil hates to be exposed. I bound the demons of lies and deception, in Jesus’ Name, from speaking the lie to her that she had gone too far to be forgiven. I told her that she had to repent from believing in lies about God’s unconditional love and forgiveness. She did. As soon as she repented from believing lies and deception, the rest was easy.
There is no impossible or hopeless case for God. As long as you are breathing, there is hope in Christ.
Later on, I witnessed many people receive their freedom once they had been delivered from the demons of lies and deception.
Do You Need Freedom and Deliverance?
Not every case is this dramatic. You may be under demonic bondage and not know how to fight against it. There is an unseen world/dimension that can very much influence and control our well-being without us noticing it most of the time. These bondages cause us to be stuck in the same place, and they prevent us from reaching our full potential. They are basically chains that hinder our spiritual growth and keep us from living the healthy, happy life God intended us to have. With an invisible chain and ball, it is impossible to achieve success and a blessed life. It’s time to consider that there may be areas in your life and personality that the enemy has a hold of and is trying to limit you or stop you from going any further. Consider the following symptoms, and if any apply to you, you may be in need of deliverance. Now is the time for you to seek the freedom and deliverance that only Jesus Christ offers and ensures.
- Have you been feeling depressed for some time, with no joy or interest in life, or are you experiencing depression and having suicidal thoughts?
- Are you making impulsive and irrational decisions and always finding yourself in the same mess?
- Do you feel that every day has many challenges that are overwhelming to you, and you’re dreading to start the day in the morning?
- Is there a sin in your life that you know is a sin, but it seems like you cannot quit doing it?
- Is there a sin in your life that you know is a sin, but it seems like you cannot quit doing it?
- Are you feeling like you’ve been stuck in the same place over the years, with the same struggles, and haven’t been making the progress in your life you were hoping for?
- Are you living in fear? Anxiety? Panic attacks? Are you having constant breathing problems related to anxiety?
- Are you making the same mistakes over and over, with decisions that result in disaster?
- Do you have strongholds and bondages that are in power in your life?
- Are you feeling a dark presence in your house, your room, or your daily life?
- Are you hearing voices?
- Are you always in a panic mode?
- Are you having constant evil and perverse thoughts and horrific imaginations?
- Have you been under a demonic attack in any form, including nightmares at night?
- Do you have continuous random accidents, early deaths in the family, constant sicknesses, and especially sicknesses that doctors are unable to find the cause for? (Please understand that I am not referring to every sickness as having a demonic or spiritual cause, but many repetitive, undiagnosed, or incurable diseases may be attributed to a demonic cause.)
- Are you always angry or full of rage and bitterness in your heart? (You may not necessarily be showing it on the outside, but is there a storm going on inside?)
- Are you relationally handicapped, losing friends and choosing wrong friends, or getting yourself into troubled and unhealthy relationships that end because of abuse, hurt, and turmoil?
- Have dysfunction, chaos, and turmoil become normal for you and part of your life?
- Are you addicted to certain behaviors or unhealthy habits, including a thinking pattern that is inviting spiritual dark forces?
Never magnify demons, no matter how violent the manifestation may be. Whenever I meet a demon-possessed person who magnifies her or his demons, that is the biggest hindrance. Usually those are the ones who participated in occult practices or sold their souls to the devil through a satanic ritual. Somehow the enemy made them believe he is too powerful to be cast out. That is the biggest lie. There is hope for everyone and every case. No matter how far and deep into the darkness of the demonic they have ventured, Jesus Christ can set them free.
- Ignorance of demons is demonic. That is exactly what the devil wants—to be invisible. If we pretend he doesn’t exist, we allow him to grow stronger.
- Intellectualism in the church promotes ignoring the presence of the enemy, which is a deception from the devil.
- Never magnify demons.
Is Self-Deliverance Possible?
Yes! And it is a very big yes! It wouldn’t be the desire of a loving God that you should search the entire country or the planet to find someone to deliver you. He is a loving and merciful God, and Jesus died on the cross for your freedom. When I found no deliverance minister to help me, Jesus said to me, “Come to Me boldly and directly.” Please don’t misunderstand me—I am not against you going to a deliverance minister to seek help for your deliverance. But I want to emphasize that if you are serious and desperate for your freedom, you don’t need a middle man. Jesus is willing and available to help you directly because it is God’s will for you to be free. It is His will for you to not live under the dominion of the devil. So when you go to Jesus for your deliverance, you are acting exactly according to His will. Knowing that, have confidence and persevere in faith.
- Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so
that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time
of need (Hebrews 4:16).
Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus (Hebrews 10:19).
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded (Hebrews 10:35).
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see (Hebrews 11:1).
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us (1 John 5:14).
Good news! God wants to set you free! It is His will for you to be delivered from the power of the devil.
- It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then,
and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He brought them out of darkness, the utter darkness, and broke away their chains. Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron (Psalm 107:13-16).
So, when you pray for deliverance, know that you are praying according to God’s will and He is on your side. Jesus died on the cross for your freedom. You have authority in Jesus Christ!
- In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of
sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace (Ephesians 1:7).
And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well (Mark 16:17-18).
My personal belief is that self-deliverance is more effective, lasting, and powerful than if someone else is doing the deliverance. Why? Because you are taking the full initiative in complete desperation, sincerity, and faith to ask and trust God to set you free. This is more powerful than relying on someone else’s faith and performance. Over the years, many passive individuals have asked my help for deliverance, but then neglected and ignored their own part; either they were not delivered, or after a while they lost their freedom because they relied only on my faith and anointing.
However, those I’ve guided and taught how to be delivered, who themselves did the work, received their freedom and remained free. And let’s face it, some individuals only want attention or a quick fix without doing their part. Many don’t even want deliverance, even though they say they do. It is difficult to understand, but some people prefer to live with their demons because of their disillusionment and pride. And the enemy tries to use those people to steal my time away from God, from my family, and from the calling God has on my life.
- I have seen people demonized through horror, thriller, and vampire movies, and by listening to certain demonic music. When you watch, read, or listen to something, you leave your soul wide open to the spirit behind it.
- You are the landlord of your being. You have an authority over yourself. You can evict demons from yourself. But you must mean business. You cannot be passive in deliverance. You must be strong and full of faith.
Are You Called to a Deliverance Ministry?
I am sharing this with you in case you are interested in a deliverance ministry. You need to know that the moment you enter into this kind of ministry, the devil will do everything in his power to attack you and devastate you. You need to pray for an increase of discernment, for boundaries, and for a strong prayer life. You need to walk in obedience to the Word of God and follow the Holy Spirit’s leading. You need a pure life, hiding nothing in the dark. Everything in your life has to be in the light. You must walk a righteous life before the Lord Jesus. The devil knows your weaknesses and your dark secrets, if you have any. Without doing some housecleaning, both figuratively and literally, I don’t recommend that you start dealing with the demonic realm. This is especially true if you have any fears. You must deal with your fears and get rid of them immediately, because demons operate mostly through fear.
Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demonpossessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding (Acts 19:13-16).
I know a young lady who was performing deliverance on many levels and got seriously hurt by demonic forces. She was not living a godly life that was pleasing to the Lord. At the end, she was under more demonic bondages than the people she tried to set free. Because she didn’t take living a holy life seriously, she went through turmoil and many sufferings and hurt people, including herself.
A deliverance ministry is not a game or just something very interesting to do because not many are doing it. If you are called to this ministry, that is wonderful, because there is such great need for it. But please reevaluate your life and your walk with Christ very carefully beforehand, using sober judgment. Seek the Holy Spirit’s truths to see if there are any open doors in your life. After closing the doors that were opened to the enemy in your life and making it right with God, study the Word of God and establish a strong prayer and devotional life. I truly hope this booklet will be of some help to you in exercising your authority in Christ to cast out devils.
- One of the biggest open doors to the demonic is pride. It is the most attractive sin to the devil, because it is his characteristic. The voice that is telling you that you don’t need deliverance very well may be the voice of the devil.
- Pride is blinding.
- Pride causes denial.
- Pride is comfortable.
- The enemy knows how to speak to your pride. He is fluent in pride. He knows how to make you feel right when you are wrong. He knows how to throw blame games and accuse others, instead of taking responsibility for your own actions.
- Pride is the devil’s platform to rule your mind.
Search Chapters:Browse More Chapters